Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Author's Tea





Claire was selected by her teacher, Mrs. Anderson, to share her story about Disney World at this month's Author's Tea. She practiced so hard for her reading and did a great job! This was her first time speaking in front of an audience and she conquered her butterflies beautifully! Thank you to Nana for coming to see Claire and enjoying the event with us! The picture above is Claire with our principal, Mrs. Mihalic and the Assistant Principal, Mrs. Hellams.
Here is Claire's story:
Disney World
When I was five I went to Disney World. I rode on the tea cup. My Dad didn't like it because it made him sick. (This got a huge chuckle from the audience!) I got a picture with Belle. She had a pretty yellow dress that was really long. My mom went with me on Space Mountain and it was very dark in there. There was a giant hill and robot people. I got a pink wig put on my hair just for fun. We had lunch with Cinderella it was really good. My very favorite thing was that lots of princesses signed my book!

2 comments:

  1. This is so neat, Claire! I'm SO proud of you and I love the story you wrote. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete