The girls and I are trying out something new for the summer! They both love school and "play" school all the time. So....I figured that it might not be a bad idea to reinforce some skills over the summer in a fun way! Okay, so we might have gone over the top pulling in tables, chairs, a teacher chair, posters for the walls, etc. but the girls wake up begging to do school in the mornings. We are aiming for 3-4 school days per week and I have planned accordingly around VBS next week and our Disney trip.
Here are some of the resources we are using for activities and lessons:
Bible/Devotion - Psalms for Young Children by Marie-Helene Delval
Character Development - Lady in Waiting for Young Girls by Jackie Kendall & Dede Kendall
Reading/Writing - Teaching Reading and Writing with Nursery Rhymes published by Scholastic
Read Aloud - Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Skill Practice - Bob books and alphabet/handwriting practice for Camdyn
Addition/Subtraction Flash cards and silent reading for Claire
No comments:
Post a Comment