Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Purity Pledge





So thankful to the disciples at SEEDS Family Worship for creating music that puts Scripture into our hearts and minds. Love their new album, Purity.

Here is their Purity Pledge for parents! I took the pledge!


  • •Only use language in public or private that I would want my children to also use. Refraining from unwholesome conversation (in person and online)—including derogatory talk about others. (Ephesians 5:4) *
  • •Only watch and read media that is edifying. By filling my heart and mind with purity, I am better able to honestly talk with my children about temptations and how to keep their hearts with all vigilance. (Proverbs 4:23) (Psalm 101:1-3) *
  • •Show a reverence for the relationship of a man and woman in marriage. (Genesis 2:24) (Ephesians 5:22-28) *
  • •Teach my children a Biblical worldview—helping them use Scripture rather than culture to direct their paths. (Psalm 119:105) *
  • •Remind my children of their identity in Christ—instilling an appreciation of how wonderfully they are made by God. (Psalm 139:14) *
  • •Teach my children to seek and cherish company that encourages right behavior. (I Corinthians 15:33-34) *
  • •Pray daily for my children to grow in purity and wisdom. And I will pray the same for the spouses my children will marry. (I Timothy 4:11-13) (Colossians 1:9) (Philippians 1: 9-11) *
  • •Help your children become patient in all things—especially in not seeking romantic relationships too early in life. (Song of Solomon 8:4) *

No comments:

Post a Comment