Friday, February 1, 2013

let.it.go.


let. it go. how to stop running the show and start walking in faith.....um, yes please.

i'm so excited to begin this new online bible study (OBS) next week!!! This will be my second study following the online bible study group at melissataylor.org. Two years ago I followed her Made to Crave series and really enjoyed it but didn't participate as much as I wanted to.....so this time around I hope to dive more into the Scripture behind the study, read the chapters in the book each week and hopefully participate in the blog hop (something new for me!) a bit as well!

an OBS is so fantastic for busy schedules and for flexibility! I hope someone reading this will be curious enough to click on the link above and consider joining in the study too. You don't have to be on facebook or twitter (thank you!!!) to participate - everything you need to keep up is on her blog...so once you have your Bible and her book in hand you are good to go.....

now to the good stuff.....here is a glimpse of the content of the study from the back cover of let.it.go:

"The housework. The meals. The kids. Many women are wired to control. But trying to control everything can be exhausting, and it can also cause friction with your friends and family. This humorous, yet thought-provoking book guides you as you discover the freedom and reward of living a life "out of control," in which you allow God to be seated in the rightful place in your life. Armed with relevant biblical and current examples (both to emulate and to avoid), doable ideas, new thought patterns, and practical tools to implement, Let.It.Go. will gently lead you out of the land of over control and into a place of quiet trust."

Oh I can't wait!!!!!! Lord, I'm so excited for this study and what you have to show me. Father, I know there are so many pockets of sin left uncovered and unexplored in me. Expose and mold me to be more of the wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend you made me to be. I love you Jesus. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment